Due to the Coronavirus
I hope this finds you and your family in good health! While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: my commitment to your safety and health.
We are preparing for a "partial" re-opening as mandated by our state! I am currently waiting for the last of the supplies I need in order to self-certify with the state in order to open!
There will be some changes that we have to do in order to open in accordance with the new rules and for your safety and mine!
There may be a few emails in case something changes or I forget something so please be patient with me :)
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT YOU MUST TEXT (OR CALL) LAURA AT 203-707-4212 - ONLINE BOOKING IS SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME.
SESSIONS ARE LIMITED AT THIS TIME BOTH IN LENGTH AND TIME SLOTS - PLEASE TEXT OR CALL LAURA
By its very nature, Massage Therapy requires skin-to-skin contact. Infection prevention has always been a top priority for GBC! As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help us support and protect our family and all of our clients by cooperating with some new, and hopefully temporary, requirements.
During this Phase TWO transition, we recommend you first discuss your Covid-19 transmission risks with your primary healthcare provider before scheduling an appointment at Green Blessings Center.
While CT is unable to provide instant Covid-19 tests, on demand in every location, for every client and staff member, we must rely heavily on pre-screening questions.
Please postpone your appointment to phase 3 or 4 for ANY of the reasons below:
- You are in any of the high risk groups for Covid-19 (Over 65 years of age; asthma; chronic kidney, liver heart or lung disease; diabetes; immunocompromised in any way; severe obesity; blood or blood clotting disorders; cancer diagnosis; high-risk pregnancy
- You have traveled by plane, train or ship and/or stayed overnight away from your home in the last 14 days.
- You or anyone in your home or workplace, have tested positive, or are waiting for a test result, for Covid-19. If you tested positive, we would like an Rx from your PCP with the date of your negative test.
What to expect at your appointment:
GBC follows the CT Phase TWO rules and will incorporate the best practice guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the CDC and OSHA. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect both the GBC family and our clients.
BEFORE YOUR SESSION:
- PLAN TO ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY
- Masks must be worn at all times (NO valve type masks allowed)
- Please communicate by text before your appointment with updates to your health information / specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- You will wait in your vehicle and park parallel to the garage (so others can still fit by you in the driveway if needed.
- I will meet you at your vehicle.
- Please bring a water bottle and leave it in your car. We are not allowed to provide water at this time.
- I have to take your temperature with an infrared thermometer, a temperature higher than 100.2 means we have to reschedule your session.
- You will have to be asked to fill out a form with new questions I have to ask re: COVID-19 ex: Have you traveled outside of CT in the last 2 weeks? Have you developed any symptoms of illness since we booked your session? (NOTE: CANCELING YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU FEEL ILL ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT IS OK!)
- You will sign an informed consent form ("I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.")
- Leave everything at home. Purses, hats, work-shirts/jackets remain in your car.
- Showering - if you were at work or a gathering please plan time to shower at home before arriving to your appointment.
- There is a mandatory hand hygiene protocol upon entering this office. You will go to the lavatory for a thorough hand and wrist wash. In addition, there will be a 70% alcohol hand sanitizer available in the treatment room. All touch surfaces will be sanitized prior to your arrival!
DURING YOUR SESSION:
- DURING YOUR SESSION SPEAKING MUST BE EXTREMELY LIMITED. Every time a therapist speaks it requires them to adjust their mask with oil or lotion on their hands. That action degrades the effectiveness of their mask very quickly.
- As part of Phase 2, we can not do any massage therapy on the face.
AFTER YOUR SESSION:
- WE NOW HAVE VENMO! We can accept touch less payments through Venmo @LauraAhern82!
- If paying by check, please have it filled out before your session.
- MC, VISA and cash is still accepted but touch less pay is encouraged.
- The front office is closed. You can book another session by text or phone!
- If you become ill within 14 days of visiting GBC, please notify us immediately so I and my contacts can be tested, traced and quarantined promptly to prevent further spread.
I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every client, safe at Green Blessings Center. To make any changes to your appointment please TEXT Laura at 203-707-4212! Green Blessings Center is trusting you to keep us safe too! I value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe and therapeutic environment.